Friday, January 7, 2011
Cut It Up!
On December 22 I posted a photo of the crotons I had just painted with thickened dyes. Even though I wasn't totally thrilled with the piece, I proceeded to free-motion quilt it (must have been avoiding doing something else), and while doing so I noticed little separate compositions in the upper portion that I liked on their own. I thought I might cut it up and make several pieces from it. Last night I started playing with a photo on-line and realized that if I cut the piece in half across the middle, and then cut the upper portion into two, I would have a nice triptych. So this is what I did, and here are the results. Now I have to deal with the issue of how to joint or mount them. That will come. In the mean time, I think I will use this piece as more than a teaching sample now. I think I'll probably hang it in my show with Cathy in September.