ELAINE QUEHL, Quilt Artist, Teacher, Dyer, Designer

Sunday, March 13, 2016

From Ingersoll to Hamilton: Another Week in Southern Ontario

It's been a busy 8 days. Last Saturday, after two lectures and a workshop with the Oxford Quilters' Guild in Ingersoll, Ontario, I returned to give my workshop on hosta leaves. The workshop took place at the Ingersoll Creative Arts Centre. If you ever find yourself in the town of Ingersoll, do try to visit this Centre. It contains a Gallery featuring regular exhibitions by members, a gift shop selling works by members, a pottery studio, fibre arts room, and classroom space. A wonderful resource for the surrounding community.

Here are just a few photos of the class at work.



My hand-dyed fabrics (especially the greens!) were popular!
 
After class I returned to my sister's house in Waterloo (about an hour from Ingersoll) and spent most afternoons at the hospital with my father. On Wednesday I headed to Hamilton to give a lecture for the Hamilton Quilters' Guild.
 
Lolly Chalice showed up from St. Catharines for the lecture and showed these two wonderful quilts that she made using my Northcott fabric lines.

 
I returned to teach a workshop for the Hamilton Quilters' Guild on Saturday. It was another class of hosta leaves.
 
It was great to have so many windows in the classroom as it made it much easier for everyone to see their pattern through their fabrics and helped make it easier to build their leaves.

Linda was the first to finish!
 
 
A huge thank you to the Oxford Quilters' Guild and the Hamilton Quilters' Guild for their warm hospitality. Your help with transporting my things in and out of venues was most appreciated! Thank you for taking such great care of me!

I am heading home to Ottawa tomorrow and will be spending the next couple of weeks in my dyeing dungeon. I have a lot of dyeing, ironing, and cutting to do! It seems I've created a monster of sorts. I published patterns and now many students want kits. We'll see how this goes. The number of kits I have to produce in the next 3 months is rather daunting! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! What a schedule, Elaine! I am glad you are at least on home turf for a bit but sounds like you'll be busy! Hope Dad is faring well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great sounding center in Ingersol. I so wish we had something in the Niagara peninsula that compared!
    Beautiful work comes out of your workshops.

    ReplyDelete

Your posts are important to me. Due to a huge amount of SPAM on my blog recently, I have decided to moderate comments, at least for the time being. Please be patient, your post will be approved as soon as I can get to it.
Elaine