ELAINE QUEHL, Quilt Artist, Teacher, Dyer, Designer

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Want to Learn to Design Your Own Art?

2017 is quickly drawing to a close. This is the time of year when people start thinking about plans and resolutions for the new year. What is it you want to learn in 2017? Have you always wanted to design your own original art quilts? If so, you might be interested in my "Art Quilt Series", a 5-day workshop running across 5 Saturdays in January, February and March 2017. If you've ever thought about taking this class, do it now! There are still a few spaces left, and it probably won't run again in Ottawa for several years (last time was 2013). Now would be the time to take it when it is so close to home and you can sleep in your own bed, and avoid the cost of accommodations, travel, and meals when you take it elsewhere.

For dates, details, and price, go to the Workshops page of the Ottawa Valley Quilters Guild.

Do you want to see what we did in previous classes? This link will run you through all my blog posts about previous classes. When you get to the end of one page of posts, click on "Older Posts" at the bottom of the page to get to earlier posts.

I would like to specifically draw your attention to this post. I laid out information about the class in a lot more detail the last time I taught it in Ottawa in 2013.

One change we've made to the class for the upcoming sessionf is that I will be teaching free-form piecing on one of the five days instead of dyeing. Why? Because many members at the OVQG have already taken my dyeing classes. However, I am flexible to the wishes and needs of the class and we can discuss that at the first class.

Let me also reassure you that you do not need to be an artist already to take this class. This is a great class for people who want to break away from using other people's patterns and designs.

Let me share just a few of the design exercises students completed in this class. You can see more by running through the links above.

Josée
 Janey

Barb

Monique



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your posts are important to me. Due to a huge amount of SPAM on my blog recently, I have decided to moderate comments, at least for the time being. Please be patient, your post will be approved as soon as I can get to it.
Elaine