ELAINE QUEHL, Quilt Artist, Teacher, Dyer, Designer

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Red Dot, Otherwise Known as SOLD

I'm halfway through my week of teaching The Art Quilt at the Haliburton School of the Arts. Last night was the reception of our faculty show at Rail's End Gallery here in Haliburton.
As soon as I walked into the gallery and spotted my work I noticed the little red dot on the label and description to the right of my piece!
Much to my surprise and delight, my piece "Exhale" (see blog post of June 19 titled "Exhale") was one of othe first works to sell. A couple who came in from Toronto purchased it on Sunday. This is an all-media show, showcasing the work of all the instructors in the summer arts program, so a huge victory for fibre art to have a piece of fibre be one of the first pieces to sell! Now truth be told, I had kinda hoped to be able to use this piece to submit for our upcoming Canadian SAQA show, "Synthesis". Submission deadline for jurying is September 15 so I will either have to scramble to make another work or not participate in this show. We shall see how my schedule pans out. Let's not forget that I am trying to create work for my upcoming joint show with Cathy Breedyk-Law, and also planning to take some vacation a little later this month.
In the mean time, I have a great group of students in the Art Quilt this week. I will blog more about that and their works on the weekend. Today we did a day of fabric dyeing, and student Barb Shea shares the following photo of me demo'ing how to dye multi-coloured fabrics.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the sale of your wonderful piece, "Exhale".
    I expect the colour is more accurate with your own photography? I notice that you are getting very good photographs which show the detail we need to see. Well done!
    Gail Hunt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot, woot!!! Congrats on the sale=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful. Love those red dots

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so great, and your piece looks beautiful. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Elaine! Isn't that a great reason to have to make a new piece for the "Synthesis" show? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the sale. Beautiful work.
    Martha Ginn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a great admirer of your work. Congratulations on the sale!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for information
    I like this design and image tihis website

    ReplyDelete

Your posts are important to me. Due to a huge amount of SPAM on my blog recently, I have decided to moderate comments, at least for the time being. Please be patient, your post will be approved as soon as I can get to it.
Elaine