ELAINE QUEHL, Quilt Artist, Teacher, Dyer, Designer

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

New Workshops in Ottawa

I am pleased to share that I will be teaching a series of workshops this Fall/Winter at The Running Stitch Quilt Shop in Kanata (west side of Ottawa). I am also pleased to let you know that one of these workshops will be my five-day Art Quilt Series. It's been two years since this series ran in Ottawa, so don't miss out!

The dates (all Sundays) are:

September 22
October 27
November 24
December 15
January 12, 2014.

Here's the class description:

In this five-day workshop, the focus will be on ways to inspire you and jumpstart your creativity so you can produce original works of art in the quilt medium (even if you think you are not creative!). Throughout the class the instructor will share her own process for making an original art quilt from beginning to end. Instruction and exercises on colour and the elements and principles of design will give you the background to make more visually dynamic work. You will be introduced to two methods for designing your own quilts:  1) seat of the pants design, or 2) creating your own pattern.  Learn how to dye your own fabric, techniques you might need to construct the quilt itself, and how to finish your work.   

I'll also be doing a trunk show at The Running Stitch on the evening of Friday, September 13, as well as teaching my "Reflections" class on Saturday, November 23.

You might also be interested to know that The Running Stitch was the site for a wedding this past Saturday. Read about it here.

3 comments:

  1. You are counted Barb! You know where to register.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't I love to be in your five-day art quilt class???!!! This sounds good for you to be able to do these close to home. Hope all goes well!
    Martha Ginn

    ReplyDelete

Your posts are important to me. Due to a huge amount of SPAM on my blog recently, I have decided to moderate comments, at least for the time being. Please be patient, your post will be approved as soon as I can get to it.
Elaine