ELAINE QUEHL, Quilt Artist, Teacher, Dyer, Designer

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Just a Word Before I Go

Friday morning I am heading out of town for 10 days, teaching in Orangeville and the Greater Toronto Area. I'll manage a couple of days visiting with my sister and father in Waterloo between gigs. Tell me, how can I bear to leave this? The little blue-eyed girl, also known as "Peek-a-Boo" has stolen my heart.  Just look at those eyes!



This week I discovered a few U-Tube videos I want to share.  Remember that post I made about the show I saw at the Mississippi Valley Textile Museum by the group Soulplay? Well this week I discovered a video in which Liana Voia (the same person who interviewed me in January) does a gallery walk-about with the Museum's Curator, Michael Rickley-Lancaster.  You can walk around the show virtually here.

It also happens that yesterday Liana Voia interviewed artist, Mahshid Farhoudi, my wonderful drawing instructor at the Ottawa School of Art. Mahshid was born in Tehran, Iran, and came to Canada at the age of 16. She is mainly a figurative painter who deals with issues of identity, disaplacement and belonging. I think you will find her story to be an interesting one.  There are two videos: ONE and TWO.

6 comments:

  1. Hopefully your Peek-a-Boo will be well cared for by another kitty lover when you are away. She will miss you, as I am sure she loves you, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was well cared for Kitchener Quilter, and it appears that she has made great strides in assimilating to our household while I was away. My husband made several videos of her cuddling on his lap in my absence! I think I missed her more than she missed me!

      Delete
  2. She is gorgeous, Elaine! What a Sweetie. I am so glad she is fitting in with Kissabelle. You two will miss each other! Enjoy your trip and drive safely. We look forward to the tales when you return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should see Kissabelle's face in the video my husband shot while Peekaboo was on his lap! NOT AMUSED

      Delete
  3. Great time at the Twisted Stitchers Guild last night thanks for the fasinating quilts you brought in for us to be up close and view.
    I am sure that P-a-B will keep your table warm for your creative return, she does have gorgeous eyes though. will she be your next creative project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I am going to post the photo of you and I and Sharon on my blog today! Not sure if PAB will be my next subject ... time will tell!

      Delete

Your posts are important to me. Due to a huge amount of SPAM on my blog recently, I have decided to moderate comments, at least for the time being. Please be patient, your post will be approved as soon as I can get to it.
Elaine