ELAINE QUEHL, Quilt Artist, Teacher, Dyer, Designer

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Coming Up

There's another 10 meters of fabric in the dyepots ... some colours that were popular in Yellowknife ... I figured I better have enough for this weekend's show!  Which is why I am writing.  I will be selling my luscious hand-dyed fabrics this weekend here in Ottawa at "Quilts for All Seasons", a show and sale by members of the Quilt Co. Quilt Guild.  They hold a show of their work every three years.  The show runs from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. this Saturday and Sunday at the Glebe Community Centre, 175 Third Ave at Lyon St. S.  There will be a total of 11 vendors at the show.  Visit the website for a list.

A big thank you today to Lynn Wolf, the curator of the St. Jacobs Quilt Gallery who shipped my quilt Standing Ovation back to me so I can send it off to the Quilts=Art=Quilts show at the Schweinfurth Memorial Art Center.  Whew!  This meant I didn't have to drive to St. Jacobs this week to pick the quilt up before my show ends this weekend.

I'm happy to announce that my new class "Dye Another Day" will run for the first time here in Ottawa at Dragonfly Fabrics on Monday, November 19.  To see what you will do in the class, visit my blog post "Fun with the Yellowknife Quilters and Dyers".  Of course there won't be a bathtub to sit in at our class at Dragonfly ;-))

There are still a couple of spaces left in my two-day "In Full Bloom" class which runs at Dragonfly Fabrics on October 13 and November 10.  In this class you will learn how to design your own up-close floral quilt from your own photo.

5 comments:

  1. Every time you mention St. Jacobs, my heart does a flutter. I believe my late Aunt Alice Rennie taught in a 1-room school there decades ago. And there is a Rennie family living there now (relation? I'm not certain)...on Water Street...(Rennie was my maiden name)...

    Totally unrelated to your classes, but what a small world, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting Margaret. I don't think you mentioned Water St. last time you mentioned St. Jacobs and your late aunt. Small world because my father lives in a retirement residence on ... you guessed it ... Water St.!!! There are no signs of one room school houses on that street now. In fact it is pretty residential, with a lot of homes from the past 20 years. It is ony a block from all the action (the tourist part of town).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed the picture from your Yellowknife trip; what beautiful country! I'm still green with envy wanting to take your "In Full Bloom" class. Tell those quilters how lucky they are to be there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the pictures Martha ... we certainly found it to be beautiful country!

      Delete
  4. Of course I meant pictureS from Yellowknife.

    ReplyDelete

Your posts are important to me. Due to a huge amount of SPAM on my blog recently, I have decided to moderate comments, at least for the time being. Please be patient, your post will be approved as soon as I can get to it.
Elaine