ELAINE QUEHL, Quilt Artist, Teacher, Dyer, Designer

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Back From Vermont

I'm back from my trip lecturing and teaching at the Champlain Valley Quilters' Guild in Vermont. I was welcomed into the home of Janet Brunet and Mike White and shown to the "Quilting Queen" suite, where I enjoyed my own private living room, bedroom, kitchen and bathroom (used to be a granny suite). Their home has a view of Lake Champlain, from both the front porch and the dining room. You can see the view below.

Vermont enjoyed a few gorgeous days of late autumn weather during my visit. It was quite beautiful as a few trees had not yet lost their leaves. I came across an apple tree heavily laden with fruit, and with the white picket fence behind, it struck me as a 'quintessentially Vermont' photo.

I even found a beautiful dahlia still blooming in Janet's garden.

Of course I also noticed the foliage. These gold and green iris stalks are stunning with sunlight illuminating them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your posts are important to me. Due to a huge amount of SPAM on my blog recently, I have decided to moderate comments, at least for the time being. Please be patient, your post will be approved as soon as I can get to it.
Elaine