ELAINE QUEHL, Quilt Artist, Teacher, Dyer, Designer

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas


This is the sight that greeted me in my backyard when I got up this morning. The cardinal posed while I ran upstairs and grabbed my camera. I had to shoot it at 24X zoom to get close so it isn't as clear as I would like, but still I am happy to have had the pleasure and joy of seeing one of my favorite birds.

Other signs of Christmas? My cat, Mudgie McMenace, appears to have visions of sugar plums dancing in his head while he escapes winter under the flannel sheets.
Speaking of sugar plums, I have baked mountains of shortbread cookies this past weekend. My relatives would be very upset if I didn't arrive with shortbread! Other than that I've been working on dye painting experiments. Here's the first. Hollis Chatelain I am not! I'm finding my brush technique a little sloppy, but I imagine that is one of those skills that comes with 10,000 hours of practice! More practice to come in the new year! But these tropical crotons at least make me think of warmer climates!
ALL THE BEST OF THE SEASON TO YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your posts are important to me. Due to a huge amount of SPAM on my blog recently, I have decided to moderate comments, at least for the time being. Please be patient, your post will be approved as soon as I can get to it.
Elaine