ELAINE QUEHL, Quilt Artist, Teacher, Dyer, Designer

Sunday, October 2, 2011

"Naturessence"

I'm sharing some photos taken today at the opening reception of our show, "Naturessence".
The Museum did a nice job with signage at the entry to the show.
Cathy and I posed for many photographs today.
The reception started with a speech from the President of the Museum, Al Jones. We were surprised a few days ago to learn that our opening reception would be combined with a goodbye reception for two residents of Almonte. It did, however, result in a larger crowd.
Cathy and I both spoke briefly, thanking everyone for coming out on such a cold and dreary day. Cathy thanked me for the hand-dyed fabrics I produce that she uses in much of her work. I thanked her for suggesting a joint show two years ago. The waiting period to show in the Mississippi Valley Textile Museum was about two years when we applied.
Everyone mixed and mingled, enjoying sweets, coffee and tea.
Cathy's journals and my scarves were nicely displayed in the gift shop.
The show runs until December 11, 2011.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Elaine! Looks to be a great show -- and how beautifully your respective work compliments each other's. Yummy scarves, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful show Elaine! Wish I could see it in person.

    ReplyDelete

Your posts are important to me. Due to a huge amount of SPAM on my blog recently, I have decided to moderate comments, at least for the time being. Please be patient, your post will be approved as soon as I can get to it.
Elaine