ELAINE QUEHL, Quilt Artist, Teacher, Dyer, Designer

Friday, October 24, 2014

Dye Another Day!

I just returned from a week-long teaching trip to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. I will be sharing photos shortly. In the mean time, I am preparing for an Intro to Dyeing class I'm teaching for the Ottawa Valley Quilters Guild tomorrow, Saturday. Just wanted to let you know that I have a follow-up class at Textile Traditions of Almonte next weekend, Saturday, November 1. In this class we really get into the nitty gritty of how I use colour and different methods I use for different results. You can expect to dye fabrics that look like these:


You will also have an opportunity to dye a Textile Temptation pack (each fibre uses the same dye bath but each takes the colour differently. We'll be dyeing cotton, silk-rayon velvet, silk dupioni, silk organza, and cheesecloth. Here are some colour options.



Oh, and by the way, Textile Traditions of Almonte also carries my full line of Northcott fabric. They have it beautifully displayed in their store window.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your posts are important to me. Due to a huge amount of SPAM on my blog recently, I have decided to moderate comments, at least for the time being. Please be patient, your post will be approved as soon as I can get to it.
Elaine