ELAINE QUEHL, Quilt Artist, Teacher, Dyer, Designer

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The Villages of Menerbes and Lourmarin

The village of Menerbes was the backdrop for the Peter Mayle novel and movie, "A Year in Provence". It is a quaint and quiet village for meandering. With few shops, the crowds are kept at bay.




Not too far away, you will find the village of Lourmarin. This village has fantastic shops and restaurants. We discovered this sunflower field with a view of the town behind it.


A beautiful castle

and ancient church

and plenty of charming sights in the streets we walked.






It turns out that Lourmarin is also the resting place of philospher/existentialist/author Albert Camus and his wife Francine Faure. Camus died in a car crash at the age of 47. I read some of his work in my university courses.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your posts are important to me. Due to a huge amount of SPAM on my blog recently, I have decided to moderate comments, at least for the time being. Please be patient, your post will be approved as soon as I can get to it.
Elaine