ELAINE QUEHL, Quilt Artist, Teacher, Dyer, Designer

Saturday, August 4, 2012

"The Natural World" is in Quilting Arts


I returned from Haliburton last night and will be blogging shortly about my second week of teaching.  I suddenly realized yesterday that this is a long weekend, thanks to an email in which my sister mentioned it!!  I remember how I used to live for long weekends when I had a 9-5 job, but now that I do a job that I love, long weekends don't have the same meaning anymore.  I am very fortunate to be able to organize my own time the way I want, around my own commitments and deadlines.  While I was away, I learned from friends that there is a special feature article on pages 34-40 of the August/September issue of Quilting Arts about the "Art Quilt Portfolio: The Natural World" book.  You may recall that I am one of 19 featured artists in this book.  My piece, "Unfurling" appears in the Quilting Arts article.  "Unfurling" is now in the collection of Norma Schlager, who purchased it in the 2009 SAQA Auction.  I haven't seen the article yet myself, but hope to pick up a copy of the magazine soon.

Unfurling, 2009 by Elaine Quehl

3 comments:

  1. Well, that's nice! Congratulations to you and welcome back to home and hearth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on getting included.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Carolynn and Maggi. I look forward to getting a copy. Don't think they are on the newstand here in Canada yet.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Your posts are important to me. Due to a huge amount of SPAM on my blog recently, I have decided to moderate comments, at least for the time being. Please be patient, your post will be approved as soon as I can get to it.
Elaine