ELAINE QUEHL, Quilt Artist, Teacher, Dyer, Designer

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Goodbye Costa Rica and Hello Montreal

I am beavering away at putting the finishing touches on a new presentation called `A Colour and Design Journey`, which I will deliver to the Ottawa Valley Quilters Guild tomorrow night, and the Beaconsfield Quilters Guild in Montreal on the next night. Tuesday I am off to Montreal for a few days, looking forward to seeing members of the Beaconsfield Quilt Guild again.  Before I go, I wanted to finish posting photos of Costa Rica.

I have to say that the beaches were beautiful. The is the private beach at Manuel Antonio Park. It was worth getting up at 5:30 a.m. to walk there and see it deserted.

We lucked out at seeing the Poas Volcano as well. There is only ever a 30% chance of seeing it due to its location in the cloud forest.


I spotted this blue boat on a cruise around a wildlife preserve.

As a coffee lover, I enjoyed a tour of the Doka Coffee Plantation. Below you see the coffee plants.


This is an old ox cart, repainted. This was the mode of transportation for coffee barons to bring their product to towns for sale in the days of old. 

For some reason there were hydrangea growing everywhere at the coffee plantation,

as well as bananas.

The warehouse filled with bags and bags of coffee.

and we had a chance to sample the coffee at the end of the tour.

Wishing you a fantastic week filled with creativity. I look forward to some creative time after my return from Montreal.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your posts are important to me. Due to a huge amount of SPAM on my blog recently, I have decided to moderate comments, at least for the time being. Please be patient, your post will be approved as soon as I can get to it.
Elaine