ELAINE QUEHL, Quilt Artist, Teacher, Dyer, Designer

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Shows and Shows

Today I had lunch with a friend. She mentioned that she hadn't seen me ever look so tired. When I got home I realized I had forgotten to pull my morning double espresso! So that probably explains part of her observation, however, I have been going non-stop without a day off for the last six weeks. I've been teaching in a few places, and in between that I've been ripping, dyeing, rinsing, washing, ironing, cutting and bundling fabric for my booth at the Ottawa Valley Quilters Guild's Festival of Quilts this past weekend.  I am home now until May 29 but have much to do to get ready for three major teaching trips in June.

While I was selling fabric this past weekend, the opening of The Grand National show, "Connections" took place at Joseph Schneider Haus Museum in Kitchener, Ontario. Here's a picture of my "Curtain Call 2" hanging in the show, thanks to Gordana Brelih. I really like the way they've hung it with another piece similar in size and colour to mine.  I will see this show on my way to London, Ontario at the end of this month. The show runs until September.

Here are some photos of my booth at the show this past weekend. This wall shows some of my patterns for sale. 

Velvets and textile temptation packs.

Velvets up close.

One meter cuts.

Fat quarters in the colours of the rainbow.

Bundles and fat quarters in neutrals.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your posts are important to me. Due to a huge amount of SPAM on my blog recently, I have decided to moderate comments, at least for the time being. Please be patient, your post will be approved as soon as I can get to it.
Elaine