ELAINE QUEHL, Quilt Artist, Teacher, Dyer, Designer

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Fibre Content Show, Art Gallery of Burlington

Today is the opening of the Fibre Content Show at the Art Gallery of Burlington in Burlington, Ontario. I am pleased that two of my works will be there: Cascade 1 and Cascade 2 below. The show will run until September 16.
  

The exhibition includes 90 art works by 60 artists from across Ontario, plus an interactive exhibit of samples for you to investigate and touch. Admission is free.

The official opening of the show is on Sunday, September 9 from 1 - 3 pm. at 1133 Lakeshore, Burlington, Ontario. The Art Gallery of Burlington is open from 9 am to 9 pm Monday through Friday and 10 am to 5 pm on Saturday and Sunday. 

New this year are Artist talks. Here is the schedule>

Sept 8:
10:30  Tracey Lawko lecture:  One Stitch at a Time
2 pm   Gunnel Hag lecture: Her Enduring Love of Surface Design
2 pm   Al Cote workshop: Playful Abstract Creations

Sept 15:
10:30  Mita Giacomini lecture: How I Do What I Do - When I Don’t Know What I’m Doing
2 pm   Pat Hertzberg lecture: Her Unique Use of Water Soluble Film
2 pm   Chandra Rice workshop: Eco Printing on Paper and Rust/ Tanning

https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/fibre-content-2018-lecture-series-workshops-tickets-43636799843

I wish I could be there, but this weekend I'm fully committed to being a workshop instructor and vendor at Fibrefest Almonte. See my last blog post for information.

Later this month (September 29/30), my friends at Quiltco will be having a show of their work at the Glebe Community Centre in Ottawa celebrating their 25 years in existence.


2 comments:

  1. Lovely work! The two photos above of the rock formations look like a place I have been to on my way to Phoenix AZ. Specifically, Antelope Canyon. The photos we took there are so awesome to go back to. The colours and light and shadow are breathtaking. Not like being there but a wonderful reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy. These works were inspired by photos I took in Antelope Canyon 10 years ago! I kept going back to them and said I wanted to do a series about them, and one day I just sat down and started! I still have one more planned for the series, but not sure when I will get to it.

      Delete

Your posts are important to me. Due to a huge amount of SPAM on my blog recently, I have decided to moderate comments, at least for the time being. Please be patient, your post will be approved as soon as I can get to it.
Elaine