ELAINE QUEHL, Quilt Artist, Teacher, Dyer, Designer

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Scrumptious Threads Coming Up!

Interested in learning how to dye and use beautiful, variegated, multi-coloured thread to use in your quilts and textile work? I'm renting the dye studio at Wabi Sabi for a one day class on JULY 11, 2014. It's been a couple of years since I taught this class in Ottawa ... don't miss it! Email me at equehl@hotmail.com for information and to register.


Lighter-weight ones can be stitched through a Topstitch needle;

Heavier threads can be couched or used for bobbin work 
or textured hand-stitching. 

We will also be spending a day dyeing thread at my week-long "Uncommon & Unforgettable Threads" class at Haliburton School of the Arts, July 28 - August 1, 2014. Other topics to be covered there are: thread painting, thread sketching, hand-stitching, couching, bobbin work, when to use a stabilizer, what needles to use, and how to be successful with any thread. Click here for the course description and registration information. To see blog postings, with photos, from my previous Threads classes, click on the "THREADS" label in the right-hand bar of this blog. Come join us!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your posts are important to me. Due to a huge amount of SPAM on my blog recently, I have decided to moderate comments, at least for the time being. Please be patient, your post will be approved as soon as I can get to it.
Elaine