ELAINE QUEHL, Quilt Artist, Teacher, Dyer, Designer

Friday, June 20, 2014

The Two Niagara's

The weather was perfect that first day, and when I arrived at Niagara-on-the-Lake I found this park beside Lake Ontario. I spent a good deal of time sitting/lying on the grass looking at the Lake :-)) Recuperating too!


Niagara-on-the-:Lake is a pretty tourist town, with lots of flowers,beautiful old buildings,

horse-drawn carriages, shops, galleries, and restaurants.

The next day I visited the other Niagara: Niagara Falls. The last time I saw the Falls was 30 years ago. Not being sure when I would be back again, I decided to visit on Monday morning, and spent an hour walking the walkway along the river. Here you see the Falls on the American side of the river.

The horseshoe falls are on the Canadian side. Both are still quite majestic. Too bad about the tourist trap that is the City of Niagara Falls when you turn around and look in the opposite direction. Even on a Monday, there were a lot of tourists visiting, making it difficult to find parking close by.

A lot of boats filled with raincoat clad tourists were inching toward the Falls.

Of course there were hostas here too, planted all along the walk-way along the river.

Once again that complementary colour scheme of purple and yellow-green.


After that it was back to Niagara-on-the-Lake again for gelato and dinner ;-)) My little budget hotel was on the edge of St. Catharines, and very very close to everything I wanted to see (always within 15 minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your posts are important to me. Due to a huge amount of SPAM on my blog recently, I have decided to moderate comments, at least for the time being. Please be patient, your post will be approved as soon as I can get to it.
Elaine